As FX Artist, you'll be responsible for creating compelling particle systems and effects and integrate them into our games. Our team works with Unreal Engine 4, so besides being able to quickly adapt to new technologies and engines, the position requires an extensive knowledge of Unreal Engine 4, especially in regards to the Cascade/Particle Systems, the shader/material system, and performance optimization.
Saber Interactive is one of the world's leading independent developers of interactive games and entertainment, with an unrivaled ability to deliver on a wide range of concepts. Founded in 2001 with its headquarter in New Jersey, Saber has grown into one of the largest and longest-standing developers of interactive games with offices in the US, Spain and Eastern Europe. It is one of the few remaining independent game studios producing AAA content. No matter the genre, platform, or property, we bring AAA skill sets, cutting-edge technologies, and uncompromising inventiveness to everything we do. Our goal is to focus on extremely high-quality experiences that rival the best in the industry. Our teams work, among other titles, on Quake Champions, World War Z and developed and published NBA Playgrounds and NBA 2K Playgrounds 2 for all major consoles and PC.
Please include in your application a portfolio that shows examples of your work as FX artists and your related experience with Unreal Engine 4. Applications without a portfolio cannot be considered.
Send your application to using the following subject line: Saber Interactive Spain - FX Artist
- Experience developing real-time VFX
- Keen eye for detail and ability to break down existing effects in games
- Knowledge in VFX software like Houdini or similar
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4, especially with the creation of complex materials, particle effects, lighting, animations, and platform optimizations
- Experience in modeling with 3DS Max or similar
- Art knowledge
- Experience with HLSL and/or GLSL shader development and programming
- Experience with other game engines, such as Unity
- Experience with the development for game consoles, such as PS4 and Xbox One
- Good communication skills in English and Spanish
- Experience in Unreal Engine 4 blueprints.
- Creating real-time VFX across a variety of styles.
- Working closely with our Programming Team to develop powerful VFX solutions.
- Opportunity to work with a great international team of professionals on the next generation of AAA titles
- Salary based on experience
- Permanent, full-time contract
- On-site work in our office in Alcobendas, Madrid
- A good and young work environment
- Flexible working hours
Nombre de la empresa Saber Interactive Spain S.L.
Ubicación Alcobendas, Madrid (España)
Actividades Desarrollo de videojuegos
Acerca de esta empresa Saber Interactive is one of the world's leading independent developers of interactive games and entertainment, with an unrivaled ability to deliver on a wide range of concepts. Founded in 2001, Saber has grown into one of the largest and longest-standing developers of interactive games in Russia/Eastern Europe and one of the few remaining independent game studios producing AAA content. No matter the genre, platform, or property, we bring AAA skillsets, cutting-edge technologies, and uncompromising inventiveness to everything we do. Our goal is to focus on extremely high quality experiences that rival the best in the industry.
Saber specializes in applying our proprietary cross-platform game engines to original IPs, as well as executing on a broad array of design, production, and management services - including Oculus and other VR platform development support. We are a trusted partners of Microsoft on one of the world's biggest IPs - Halo, and of id and Bethesda on the iconic Quake franchise. We have cultivated a long history of fruitful relationships with many other industry leaders like Ubisoft, BANDAI NAMCO, Konami, Sierra Entertainment, and Atlus.